You don't have to be a fan of the Lord of the Rings books or movies to enjoy this tour. Immerse yourself in the natural and unspoiled beauty of New Zealand's Mt. Potts high country in the stunning Southern Alps.|
Mt. Potts Station is home to Mt. Sunday; this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Enjoy the area's sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers, and fresh, crisp mountain air. Discover why the actors and crew fell in love with this gorgeous location.
Tour highlights include:
- A 4WD adventure through several small streams to Edoras
- A short, guided walk to the summit of Edoras to enjoy stunning 360-degree views
- Visit to Misty Mountains and the area that formed the backdrop to Helms Deep
- See movie replicas of Aragorn's Sword, King Theoden's Sword, Gimli's Axe, Gandalf's Staff, and the Flag of Rohan
- A delicious champagne picnic lunch
- Roundtrip transportation
- All admission fees
- Knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide
- Champagne picnic lunch
Approx. 8 1/2 hours
Departure time and location:
9 AM; from select Christchurch hotels
Return time and location:
5:30 PM; to select Christchurch hotels
Reservation confirmation is required. Tour guide gratuity is not included and is at your discretion. Children younger than age 2 participate for free.
|After booking your activity, simply follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation email or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s):
Reservation confirmation is required. You must call the service provider at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled tour date to confirm your hotel pick-up time and location. The full contact details will appear on your printed voucher(s). On the day of your scheduled tour, please hand your printed voucher(s) to the driver. Your voucher(s) will be exchanged for service.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|