- Guided tour of the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness and Inverness
- 4 nights in a 3-star hotel or bed-and-breakfast
- Full Scottish breakfast
- Loch Ness cruise with castle visit
- Ferry to the Isle of Skye
- Ground transportation via an air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz midi-coach
- Ferry to the Isle of Skye
- Jacobite Steam Train ride
- Commentary available in English only
- Whisky distillery tour
- Clan Donald Skye
- Culloden Visitor Centre
Head north to the ancient capital of Stirling and the site of the Battle of Stirling Bridge, and enjoy stunning views toward the impressive castle and towering Wallace Monument. The next stop is Doune with an optional visit to its castle, famously featured in the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Snap your picture with Hamish the Hairy Coo as you enter the Highlands at Trossachs. Your journey takes you through wild Rannoch Moor and into brooding Glencoe, the site of the massacre of 1692. Picturesque scenery continues past the Isles of the Dead and onto Oban, a stunning fishing port.
Take the steam train from Fort William to Mallaig, voted by Wanderlust Magazine as the 'Top Rail Journey in the World.' You will cross the Glenfinnan viaduct, made famous in the Harry Potter films, and pass through Glenfinnan, where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his standard at the start of the failed Jacobite campaign. After a ferry ride across the sea, discover the awe-inspiring mountains, myths, and legends of the Isle of Skye. Before driving north to the island's capital, Portree, you can explore the Clan Donald Centre and gardens.
Begin your day exploring Skye, including the mysterious Quiraing, Kilt Rock, and some of the islandís extraordinary geological scenery, before crossing Skye Bridge back to the mainland. The famous Eilean Donan Castle, featured in the film Highlander and one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, is your next stop. Wind your way along the Great Glen to Loch Ness before stopping for the night.
Take a boat cruise on Loch Ness and see the ruins of Urquhart Castle. In the afternoon you'll journey into the northwest Highlands, where you'll experience the magnificent views of Loch Broom and the coastal village, Ullapool. Return to Inverness for your final night.
Explore the atmospheric Culloden Battlefield, the scene of Bonnie Prince Charlie's defeat and the end of Jacobite Rebellion. Journey through Cairngorms National Park, and later visit the Museum of Highland Life and learn about Scotland's clans and their traditions. Continue on to Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park, then head south into Pitlochry and a visit to a whisky distillery. Finally, your return to Edinburgh affords you one last view of the Forth Bridge at the end of a true Scottish adventure.
- Lunch, dinner, and admission fees
- Isle of Skye
- Loch Ness Cruise
- Jacobite Steam Train
- Ferry to Skye
- Isle of Skye
- Fishing port of Oban
- Doune Castle
- Eilean Donan Castle
- Culloden Battlefield
5 days and 4 nights
Departure time and location:
9 AM; from 60 High Street, Edinburgh
Check-in begins at 8:45 AM
Return time and location:
5 PM; to 60 High Street, Edinburgh
Important booking tip:
- Children must be at least 5 to participate.
- Rates listed are based on double occupancy in a Twin/Double room; single rooms are subject to availability and incur an additional nightly supplement.
- Saturday departures run in reverse with minor changes to the itinerary.
|After booking your activity, simply follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation email or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
Confirm your reservation: You must call the service provider at least 72 hours before the start of your tour to confirm you reservation. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. Please bring your printed voucher(s) and photo ID to the departure location on the scheduled day of your tour.
Know Before You Go:
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 48 hours before the date of the Activity.|