Among the highlights:|
- Explore the history of the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- See and touch artefacts from the 18th and 19th centuries
- Learn how real people lived and worked in the vaults
This walking tour takes you to Edinburgh’s South Bridge where you’ll discover the historic vaults that were built underneath the bridge and inhabited during the 18th century. Guide will describe the history of the vaults and share stories of the people who lived and worked there.
You’ll learn about the origins of the Scottish ‘midden’ on this captivating tour into Edinburgh’s colorful history.
Approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes
Departure time and location:
AprilOctober: 2 PM and 4 PM (daily); from Mercat Cross, Royal Mile
NovemberMarch: 2 PM (Saturday and Sunday) and 4 PM (daily); from Mercat Cross, Royal Mile
The vaults, approximate 5-minute walk from Mercat Tours
Reservations are required. Children age 5 and younger are not permitted on the tour. Children younger than age 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Tickets are valid for the booked tour only and are non-transferable; refunds will be issued only if tours are cancelled by tour operator. Please call supplier using the number on your printed voucher within 24 hours of departure to confirm tour time and details. Tour participation is at the discretion of Mercat Tours and will not be granted to participants appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Reservations are required. After booking this tour, please call supplier using the number on your printed voucher within 24 hours of departure to confirm tour details. Upon arrival at the departure location, present your voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for service.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity cannot be changed, refunded, credited, or cancelled.|