Paddle the majestic Wailua River, original home to the first Hawaiians who came from the Marquesas Islands to Kauai almost 1,500 years ago. Hear the legends and learn about the flora and fauna of Kauai's most sacred area. Expect about 4 miles (6.4 km) of leisurely paddling and just over 1 mile (1.6 km) of hiking on this half-day adventure highlighting some of Kauai's most ancient history, tropical beauty, and jungle scenery.|
- 4.5-hour kayak tour
- Use of kayak and paddles
- Picnic lunch with choice of turkey, ham, or vegetarian sandwich; beverages included
- Use of all equipment and accessories, including dry storage and dry bags on boat
- Backpack use
- Use of personal flotation devices
4 hours 30 minutes
Morning tour: 7:15 AM
Afternoon tour: 12:30 PM
Morning tour: 11:45 AM
Afternoon tour: 5 PM
Important booking tip:
- You must be 5 or older to take part in this tour.
- Indiduals must weigh less than 240 pounds (109 kg) or couples must weigh less than 450 pounds (204 kg).
- You must know how to swim and should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking, and be in good physical condition to take part in this tour.
The tour includes 4 miles (6.4 km) of paddling and approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times; this tour is not recommended for people with bad knees or bad backs. Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles and kayak 60-90 minutes. This tour does not admit women who are pregnant.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
Within 72 hours of booking this activity you will receive an e-mail from a Local Expert™ Activity Specialist. Your Hawaii Activity Specialist will confirm your chosen activity with the local operator and provide you with confirmation information. The e-mail will also contain directions to the nearest Local Expert™ desk where you will exchange your voucher(s) for activity tickets. Please be prepared to show photo identification. If you do not receive an e-mail or have other questions, please contact The Local Expert™ directly; the customer service phone number will appear on your voucher(s). Note: Your printed voucher is proof of your online booking; it is not a valid admission ticket.
Know Before You Go:
What to Wear:
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
What to Bring:
- Hiking sandals, closed-toe shoes, or water shoes (no slippers/flip-flops)
- Change of clothes (to leave in the van)
The Local Expert™ Activity Specialist can also assist you with any additional activities of interest you would like to do in Hawaii and answer any general vacation questions you might have.
- Beach towel, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Swimsuit (under clothes) and hat
- Bottled water
|Terms and conditions|
|All participants are required to sign liability waivers before participating in this Activity.|
Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 4 days before the date of the Activity.