After checking in, you participate in an introductory class, including instruction on the gauges and gadgets making up the interior of the car. Then, buckle into your own stock car andfollowing a professional instructorcomplete 8 laps around the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. After everyone has had a turn, it's time for the closing ceremony, complete with a graduation packet, certificate, and lap time.|
In addition to the Rookie Tour, you receive roundtrip transportation from 2 pick-up locations on the Strip, an overview of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and a tour of the Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop. Keep your eyes peeled for mechanical staff working on NASCAR-style race cars!
The Las Vegas Motor Speedway is located approximately 20 miles north of Las Vegas.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Tour of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Tour of the Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Shop
- Tour of the Richard Petty Driving Experience Gift Shop
- 1-hour introduction class
- 8 laps around the track in a real stock car
- Participation in the closing ceremony
- Graduation packet
- Certificate of completion
- Lap time sheet
Morning and afternoon tours; varies monthly
5 hours, including 3-hour Rookie Experience and instruction time
Start time and location:
Excalibur: 7:30 AM or 11:30 AM; from Rotunda Airport/Shuttle Bus Pick-up
Harrah's: 8 AM or 12 PM; from the Bus Depot
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
All participants must be at least 16 and have a valid driver's license. You must be able to drive a standard transmission. Please wear comfortable clothing and close-toed shoes, like sneakers. Stock cars do not have doors; you must have the ability to climb through a 30-inch by 15-inch window that is 36 inches from the ground.
Please arrive at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the class on the day of your reservation.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation email or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
Contact the Richard Petty Driving Experience at least 7 days prior to your arrival in Las Vegas. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. Indicate which pick-up location you prefer. Please arrive at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the class on the day of your reservation. Present your voucher(s) and photo identification upon arrival. The Las Vegas Motor Speedway is located approximately 20 miles north of Las Vegas.
Pick-up locations and times:
Excalibur: 7:30 AM or 4:30 PM; from Rotunda Airport/Shuttle Bus Pick-up
Harrah's: 8 AM or 5 PM; from the Bus Depot