Westminster Abbey, flanked by Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, is a World Heritage Site and a microcosm of British history. Imagine the lavish coronations of Britain's kings and queens that have taken place beneath the vaulted ceilings as you take in the many memorials and effigies to the famous and great. It was also here that, in 1997, the funeral service of Diana Princess of Wales took place. |
After visiting the Abbey, pass through Whitehall, home to the British government, as you make your way to Buckingham Palace. Here, you can delight in the colourful pomp of the cavalcade of the Horseguards or the Changing of the Foot Guards.
- Sightseeing tour of London
- Admission to and visit of Westminster Abbey
- Cavalcade of the Horseguards or Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Fully-guided tour with a professional "Blue Badge" guide
- Courtesy hotel pick-up from select London hotels
- Transportation via coach
- Commentary available in English only
Approx. 3 hours
Departure time and location:
7:30 AM–8:30 AM; the lobby of your hotel or the nearest pick-up point
Return time and location:
Noon; at Buckingham Palace
When services prohibit a visit to Westminster Abbey, an alternative visit be will be made to St. Paul's Cathedral. Sunday tours include a the visit to the London Eye instead of Westminster Abbey. Hotel pick-up is available from select hotels in London; if you are not staying at one of these hotels, Golden Tours will advise you of your nearest pick-up location and time. The tour normally ends at Buckingham Palace; however the driver will drop you off at either Harrod's or at the Victoria & Albert Museum should you wish to visit these independently. Commentary is available in English only. Children under the age of 3 participate for free, but they must sit on an adult's lap.
|After booking your activities or services—3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher(s); locate the voucher(s) in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Take all vouchers with you.
3. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; you must exchange one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s):
To arrange your pick-up time and location, please telephone Golden Tours at least 24 hours before your tour. On the day of your tour, please wait by your concierge desk 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. If you are not staying at a serviced hotel, Golden Tours will advise you of your nearest pick-up location and time. Please present your voucher(s) to your tour guide.