River Cruise Highlights:|
Coach Tour Highlights:
- Scenic cruise on the Yarra River
- Views of the baroque "Polly Woodside" and bluestone wharves
- Spectacular views of the city skyline
- West Gate Bridge
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Melbourne Park - National Tennis Centre
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens—perhaps enjoy a Devonshire Tea (not included) or walk by the lake
- Kings Domaine Gardens
- The Shrine of Remembrance
- Arts and Cultural Centre
- Tree-lined St Kilda Road
- Docklands waterfront development
- Etihad Stadium at Docklands
- Spectacular city overview from the Bolte Bridge
- Port Melbourne by the sea
- Travel by the beach to trendy St Kilda
- Visit Acland Street in St Kilda—a vibrant cosmopolitan mix of funky bars, eateries, shops, and world famous patisseries
- Perhaps enjoy a local favorite—afternoon tea or coffee and continental cake (not included)
- Fashionable suburbs of Elwood and Brighton
- Brighton bathing boxes—a functional remnant of a bygone era (photo stop)
- Tour through the main street of Brighton
- Fitzroy Street in St Kilda—lively with its restaurants and bars
- Albert Park Lake—site of the F1 Grand Prix
- Shopping, dining, and entertainment precinct of Chapel Street, Prahran
Showcasing some of the best Melbourne has to offer, your Best of Melbourne Tour begins with a scenic cruise down the Yarra River. Enjoy on-board sightseeing as you sail past the central business district and the lush riverbanks of this important waterway.
Back on land, head to the heart of the Blue Dandenongs National Park at Sherbrooke Forest. Keep your eyes peeled for local flora and fauna that call the park home, including laughing kookaburras, sweet bellbirds, and tall eucalyptus trees. Try Bush Billy Tea while being serenaded by the localscolorful crimson rosellas and king parrots!
Take in the sweeping panoramas atop the summit of Mt. Dandenong–an excellent photo opportunity. Before returning to Melbourne, pass through quaint villages noted for their charming restaurants, craft shops, and stunning gardens.
- Coach touring
- Yarra River cruise
- Gourmet boxed lunch on the river cruise
- On-coach wireless Internet
- Informative commentary in English
Approximately 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure time and location:
11:55 AM; from Melbourne Day Tour Center
Return time and location:
5:30 PM; to Melbourne Day Tour Center
Know Before You Book:
- Children 3 and younger can participate at no additional charge.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
Confirm your reservation. Please contact Gray Line Australia at least 24 hours prior to your tour date to confirm your reservation. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. Upon arrival at departure point, present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for tour.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 48 hours before the date of the Activity.|