Book the Sovereign Hill and Ballarat City Tour by September 30, 2014 and travel by September 30, 2014 to save up to 15% on the regular booking price (price listed reflects savings).
Travel back in time at Souvereign Hill and share the experiences of the locals at an original 1850s goldmining town. See original working conditions and demonstrations from tradesmen and craftfolk. Experience the bustle of Australia's gold rush at the Gold Museum, and wander through Main Street's traditional blacksmith and craft shops. Find your luck panning for gold and catch a ride in a traditional horse drawn carriage (own expense). Take a guided tour through the historic sites of Ballarat and explore the city's gorgeous gardens and Victorian architecture.
- Visit Sovereign Hill - an authentic recreation of an 1850's gold mining town
- Explore Ballarat - a historical town with its exquisite gardens and noble statues
- Try your luck panning for gold
- Witness original working conditions and demonstrations of early mining equipment
- Guided day tour
- Entrance fees to Sovereign Hill
- Entrance fees to Gold Museum and Red Hill Mine tour
- Roundtrip transportation from Melbourne
- Hotel pick up and drop off available for selected hotels
- On-coach wireless internet
- Comprehensive commentary in English
Approximately 9 hours
Departure time and location:
Approximately 8:20 AM; from Melbourne Day Tour Centre or the lobby of select local hotels
Time listed reflects the actual tour start time. Hotel pick-up times (if available) may vary by location, and will be communicated upon reservation confirmation.
Return time and location:
Approximately 5:30 PM; to Melbourne Day Tour Centre or select local hotels
Participation is complimentary for children 3 and younger, as long as they ride on an adult's lap.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Promotional offer details:
Book: April 1 - September 30, 2014
Redeem: April 1- September 30, 2014
Reservations are required. You will not be guaranteed a place on this tour without calling Gray Line Australia at least 24 hours in advance of the date you wish to take this tour; the customer service phone number appears on your printed voucher(s). Pick-up is available from select hotels; please inquire when confirming reservation. On the day of your tour, you will need to present your voucher(s) twice: once to a counter representative, who will direct you to your coach, and then again to the boarding representative before entering the coach.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 48 hours before the date of the Activity.|