This 3-hour resort course is designed for people who want to try scuba diving for the first time. The program begins with a short presentation on the basics of diving. This lesson is followed by a session in a swimming pool or on the beach to practice breathing underwater. While in shallow water, the instructor will teach the class some basic diving skills. Then it's on to the boat and a dive on a shallow reef! During this dive the instructor will accompany the group as a personal guide.|
- Introductory class
- Use of all diving equipment
- Boat ride to shallow reef
- Drinking water
3 hours for the complete program
Departure time and location:
- East End/Harbour Club area: 7:45 AM or 11:45 AM
- Paradise Island hotels: 8 AM or Noon
- Downtown hotels and cruise ships: 8:15 AM or 12:15 PM
- Cable Beach hotels: 8:30 AM or 12:30 PM
- Orange Hill/Lyford Cay hotels: 8:40 AM or 12:40 PM
Program begins at Stuart Cove's docks at:
9:30 AM or 1:30 PM
Return time and location:
Hotel drop-off service is from 1 PM to 1:45 PM and 5 PM to 5:45 PM for the morning and afternoon trips, respectively
It is a safety requirement that you do not dive the same day that you fly; please plan your dive accordingly. Wetsuits are not included, but are available for rent for a small fee. Snacks and beverages other than water are not supplied.
Student divers (Learn to Dive participants and certifications of any kind) must have no medical conditions or have a signed medical release from a doctor knowledgeable about diving releasing them to participate in the diving activity.
- Must be at least 10 years old. Children age 4 and younger are not allowed on board the vessel.
- Participants younger than age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Young children must be of adequate size to fit into the equipment and be capable of carrying a 40-pound tank on their back
- Must be in good physical health
- Must not have problems equalizing ears on an airplane or in the mountains
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have: asthma; epilepsy; diabetes; history of heart attacks; other heart problems or strokes; or recently diagnosed high blood pressure
- Must not be taking any anti-depressant medications or any other potential contraindicated medications
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Please call Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas once you arrive in Nassau to schedule your tour date and time. Trips depart daily, in the afternoon. Please tell the vendor representative which hotel you are staying in so the correct pick-up location can be scheduled. Be sure to bring your voucher(s) as it is your proof of payment. Please present your voucher(s) at the check-in counter on the day of your tour. Note: It is a safety requirement that you do not dive the same day that you fly; please plan your dive accordingly.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|