Climb aboard a airline jet, then sit back and enjoy the paradise views as you fly over to the Big Island of Hawaii to see the Kilauea, Hawaii's volcano. After landing at Hilo Airport, peer out at the quaint shops and merchants as you make your way through the town of Hilo.|
The first stop is Rainbow falls where the thundering roar of the falls mixes with the rising mist as water rushes over the 80-foot (24-m) cliff. This makes for a perfect photo opportunity as you take in your lush green surroundings.
Watch the landscape change as the altitude rises and the temperature falls reaching the Volcanoes National Park. Discover the wonders at the Jaggar Museum and see the geological and cultural exhibits, displays of the equipment used by scientists in the past to study the volcano and their clothing gear. Look out onto the breath taking views of the Kilauea Caldera and hike along rocky trails from the area's lush flora and fauna to the desolate lava desert. With the constant changing landscape, you may see steam vents and steam bluffs or even active lava flow.
Take in the wrath of the volcano as you view out into her works from the rim of the Kilauea Iki Crater. Heading out about a half-mile from the crater, you'll notice the forest becoming increasingly lush as you make your way to the Thurston Lava Tube. Enjoy a leisurely hike through, which will allow you to walk where red lava once flowed before returning home.
- Roundtrip air transportation
- Narrated sightseeing tour of Volcanoes National Park
- Stops at Rainbow Falls and an anthurium and orchid nursery
- Stops at Jaggar Museum, Volcano House, Thurston Lava Tube, and Kilauea Iki Crater
- All admission fees
- Roundtrip transfers from most Waikiki hotels
Approximately 13 hours 30 minutes
Departure time and location:
Approximately 6:30 AM; from the lobby of your Waikiki hotel
Return time and location:
Approximately 8 PM; same as departure location
Important booking tip:
- This tour is not suitable for very young children.
- It is also not recommended for travelers with asthma or other respiratory problems due to potential health problems from exposure to fumes.
|How to Redeem Your Voucher:|
Within 72 hours of booking this activity, you will receive an email from a Local Expert™ Activity Specialist. Your Hawaii Activity Specialist will confirm your chosen activity with the local operator and provide you with confirmation information. The email will also contain directions to the nearest Local Expert™ desk where you will exchange your voucher(s) for activity tickets.
Know Before You Go:
Hours of Operation:
- The tour features can change daily as weather and lava-viewing conditions cannot be predicted in advance.
- The sighting of active lava flows is not guaranteed.
- Surface lava may be present but may not be visible due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
Departs 6:30 AM; from the lobby of your Waikiki hotel
Returns 8 PM; to the lobby of your Waikiki hotel
What to Wear:
Exchange Your Voucher for Activity:
- Sturdy, closed-toe walking shoes
Please be prepared to show photo identification. If you do not receive an email or have other questions, please contact Local Expert™ directly; the customer service phone number will appear on your voucher(s). Your printed voucher is proof of your online booking; it is not a valid admission ticket.
The Local Expert™ Activity Specialist can also assist you with any additional activities of interest you would like to do in Hawaii and answer any general vacation questions you might have.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity cannot be changed, refunded, credited, or cancelled.|