The Living Desert is home to over 450 animals, with species from the Southwest deserts of the United States to the Kalahari plains of Africa … and every continent in between! Kids of all ages are sure to love the daily giraffe feeding, Gecko Gulch, and the Petting Kraal at Village WaTuTua replica of an African Village.
Its miles of hiking trails offer up-close and personal interaction with the environment while special events give you a chance to celebrate! The summer months offer Starry Safaria camping adventure in the zoo; Howl-o-Ween in October and the Wild Lights festival during the holidays are both perennial favorites; Animal Enrichment mornings and featured guest speakers happen throughout the year.
- Admission to The Living Desert
- Admission to all shows
- Use of a shuttle that runs throughout the park
- Admission to the Petting Kraal in Village WaTuTu
- Access to 5 miles (8 km) of hiking trails
Please allow 4 to 5 hours to visit
Daily; The Living Desert is closed on Christmas Day
Hours of operation:
June 16August 31: 8 AM1:30 PM; the last admission is at 1 PM
Sept. 1June 15: 9 AM5 PM; the last admission is at 4 PM
Children 2 years and younger are admitted free of charge. The Living Desert may close due to inclement weather conditions. The tram ride and admission to the butterfly house are not included in the cost of admission. Comfortable walking shoes, a hat, and sunscreen are recommended.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it iscritical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
On the day you wish to visit The Living Desert, please present your voucher(s) and photo ID at any ticket widow.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|