Travel back to the time of Napoleon Bonaparte and Josephine, learning about their romance and their lives together. Begin by departing for the Chateau de Malmaison, listening as your guide describes Napoleon's and Josephine's histories. Enjoy a guided visit of the estate itself, where you can browse the museum and hear about the important political decisions made at the chateau, including the Civil Code and the Legion of Honour. Later, make your way to Petite Malmaisonbuilt in 1805 for Empress Josephineand see firsthand the passion with which Josephine decorated and embellished the castle. End with a visit to the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, located in the center of town. Here you can find the tomb of Empress Josephine, made from Carrara marble and decorated with a statue of Josephine by the sculptor Cartellier.|
- Guided tour of the Chateau de Malmaison
- Guided visit to Petite Malmaison
- Visit to the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Saint Paul (Josephine's tomb)
- Admission fees
- Experienced chauffeur guide
- Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned minibus from Paris hotels
- Tour offered in English, French, and Spanish
Approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes
Departure time and location:
Approximately 1 PM; from your Paris hotel
Return time and location:
Approximately 6:30 PM; to your Paris hotel
Participation in this tour is complimentary for children age 3 and younger. Smoking on board coaches is strictly prohibited. Gratuity is not included and is at your discretion.
|Guests must arrive at the agency at least 30 minutes prior to excursion departure time for check-in. Please note that check-in will close 10 minutes before excursion departure time.|
After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers and photo IDs with you; for each activity, you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Reservation confirmation is required. Please contact Cityvision/Gray Line Paris at least 48 hours prior to your tour date to ensure your reservation and arrange hotel pick-up and time. Contact information is provided on your printed voucher(s). Upon pick-up, present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for service.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cityvision reserves the right to cancel or modify any tours without previous notice if participants' comfort and safety require. Smoking on board coaches is strictly prohibited.|
Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled at any time prior to 24 hours before the scheduled start of your trip. Cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled start of your trip incur a 20% fee, and cancellations made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of your trip incur a 40% fee. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as the date of the Activity.