Learn, taste, and indulge on this guided tour of one of the oldest, yet trendiest, neighborhoods in Manhattan. Hear about the rich immigrant history of this downtown area, and see a variety of new designer shops, art galleries, and historic “foodie” landmarks, including The Essex Street Market, The Tenement Museum, and Streit’s Matzoh Factory.
- Essex Street Market
- Streit’s Matzoh Factory
- Neapolitan pizza
- Gourmet chocolates
Tasting stops vary by day of the week, but tasting items may include: authentic Neapolitan pizza, bialys, pickles, knishes, gourmet chocolates, Greek spinach pie, souvlaki, decadent hot chocolate, and donuts.
- 2-hour artisan food tour
- At least 6 food tastings, both savory and sweet
- Knowledgeable tour guide
Departure time and location:
Departs from northeast corner of Essex and Delancey streets
- Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: 11 AM
Return time and location:
Returns to northeast corner of Essex and Delancey streets
- Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: 1 PM
Vegetarians, guests with dietary restrictions, and guests with special needs are all welcome on this tour.
- All guests must be at least 8 years old to participate.
- Tour guide gratuity is not included and is at your discretion.
|Know Before You Go:|
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
- On Saturday tours, due to religious observance, certain vendors are closed; alternate stops will be made.
- Please arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes prior to tour start time.
Confirm your reservation. Please contact City Food Tour at least 48 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and explain any dietary restrictions. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. On the day your tour, please come to the redemption location and present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for your activity.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 48 hours before the date of the Activity.