This 1 1/2-hour excursion lets you get up close to the film sites used in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy. During your ride, you'll travel along the Upper Waiau River—know to movie fans as the River Anduin—where you’ll stop to admire three film sites. Continue on to Lake Manapouri, regarded as one of the loveliest of all New Zealand's lakes.|
- 1-hour jet boat ride along Upper Waiau River
- Scenic stops near three Lord of the Rings film locations
- Use of life jacket
- Views of Lake Manapouri
Please allow 1 1/2 hours for this activity; actual boat ride is 1 hour.
Departure time and location:
Departure times vary; please confirm with Luxmore Jet after booking online. The jet boat ride departs from and returns to Queens Reach.
Children younger than 5 participate for free. Luxmore boats are certified annually to Maritime New Zealand safety standards.
Supplied by: Luxmore Jet
|After booking your activities or services, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it iscritical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for Jet Boating:
Reservation confirmation is required. You must contact Luxmore Jet at least 24 hours prior to your desired tour date to confirm your participation; the customer service phone number and e-mail address appears on your printed vouchers. On the day of your tour, you may be picked up at your hotel in Te Anau. If you are staying outside of Te Anau, you must confirm a meeting location for the tour when contacting Luxmore Jet to confirm your participation. On the day of your activity, bring along your printed vouchers to exchange for service.