Begin your tour at the base of the Christ the Redeemer monument, which stands at 130 feet (39.6 m) tall, and sits atop Corcovado Mountain. See sweeping views of the area beaches, lagoons, forests, bays, and mountains from one of the recently indoctrinated "New Seven Wonders of the World."|
Wander off the beaten path through the Santa Marta favela. Once a dilapidated slum, this area was transformed into a living canvas when residents painted their buildings in a bright and vibrant color scheme.
Wander along the narrow alleyways of a local community with your guide. Meet residents and see sites that were made famous by Michael Jackson in his music video, "They Donít Care About Us." Take in views of Guanabara Bay and the Botofogo areas from the cliff of the favela.
- Guided tour
- Commentary in English
Departure time and location:
Approximately 1:30 PM; from the Copacabana Palace Hotel, Avenida Atlantica, 1702, Copacabana, RJ, 22021-001
5:30 PM6:30 PM
Children 5 and younger are not permitted. Participants should wear shoes comfortable for walking. Lightweight and lightly colored clothing are recommended during the warm months. The maximum group size for this tour is 12.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. Please present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for the tour. If you have any concerns or require more information please contact the supplier directly via the email address or phone number (business hours only) provided on your voucher.
Know Before You Go:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
- The maximum group size for this tour is 12.
Copacabana Palace Hotel, Avenida Atlantica, 1702, Copacabana, RJ, 22021-001
What to Wear:
What to Bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Lightweight and lightly colored clothing during the warm months
- Water bottle and snacks
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
|Terms and conditions|
|All customers/participants are required to sign liability waivers before participating in this activity.|
Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 24 hours before the scheduled date of the Activity.