This fascinating tour takes you to 3 locations around Rome to reveal crypts and catacombs from different historical eras.|
Start the day by exploring the Roman Catacombs, the city's underground burial chambers where long winding passages unfold millenia of history among tombs and memorials, taking you back to a time when Christianity was considered a cult whose members were executed as pagans and buried as martyrs.
Next it's on to the Basilica San Clemente, where you can see incredibly preserved remains dating to the 1st Century, as far as 57 feet (17.4 m) underground.
Finally, you will visit one of Rome's most original and memorable sites—the Capuchin Crypt and Memorial. The remains of 4,000 monks have been used to decorate the underground crypt. Their vertebrae were used as chandeliers, real-life skull and cross-bones, and robe-clad skeletons hanging from the walls. Although morbid, this is certainly a fascinating experience.
- Guided tour of Rome's crypts and catacombs
- Admission to the Catacombs and the Basilica of San Clemente
- Roundtrip transportation via car or minivan
- Commentary in English
3 hours 30 minutes
Start time and location:
2:30 PM; at the fountain in the center of Piazza Barberini
Return time and location:
6 PM; outside the Church of San Clemente (situated 984 feet - 300m - from the Colosseum)
Important booking tip:
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs, mobility impairments, or strollers.
- Children 1 and younger can participate at no additional cost.
|How to Redeem Your Voucher:|
On the day of your scheduled tour, please bring your printed voucher(s) and photo ID to the departure location. Your guide will be waiting to greet you at the fountain in the center of the square.
Know Before You Go:
What to Wear:
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
- A dress code is required for entry into some of the sites on this tour, particularly churches. Knees and shoulders must be covered.
- Comfortable walking shoes
The nearest metro stop is Barberini on Line A. Please ensure you arrive by 2:15 PM, ready for a prompt 2:30 PM departure. Late arrivals will be not accepted, and no refunds will be given for those who arrive after departure time.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 72 hours before the date of the Activity.|