Written and composed by Oberndorf residents Franz Xaver Gruber and Joseph Mohr, theSilent Night carol was first performed in a small church in this Austrian village in 1818. Today, the song has been translated into 300 different languages and dialects. People from all over the world gather at the Silent Night Chapel every year to hear the carol performed in its original version with tenor, soprano and choir. Visitors are invited to join in singing in their mother tongues, creating an unforgettable magic moment.|
- Roundtrip transportation via motor coach from Salzburg through the Salzach River Valley to Oberndorf
- Guided tour around Oberndorf and to the Silent Night Chapel
- Commentary available in German and English
- Courtesy hotel pick-up
December 24 only
Departure time and location:
3 PM; bus terminal at Mirabellplatz
Return time and location:
7 PM; same as departure location
Hotel pick-up is available for hotels in Salzburg only. Commentary is available in German and English only. Children age 3 and younger participate for free if they sit on their parents lap. Please bring warm clothing and good shoes.
|After booking your activities or services—3 easy steps|
1. Print your voucher(s); locate the voucher(s) in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Take all vouchers with you.
3. Follow the instructions on your voucher; you must exchange one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s)
Please present your voucher(s) on the day of your tour at the redemption location address listed on your voucher(s). If you require hotel pick-up, please call Salzburg Panorama Tours at least 24 hours in advance of your tour to confirm your pick-up time and location; the customer service number will appear on your printed voucher.