You'll be picked up at your downtown San Francisco hotel before crossing the Bay Bridge and journeying through the fertile Central Valley into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.|
Once arriving at the put-in, youíll have a brief safety course and then hop into the raft and descend roughly 8 miles of the American River, known for its exciting class III rapids. The action begins immediately with Meatgrinder rapids, followed by other cascades including Racehorse Bend, Rock Garden, Triple Threat, and climaxed by a mad dash through the famed Troublemaker rapid. At the end of the rafting adventure, get ready for a tasty barbecue lunch (included).
After lunch, there is time to play some beach volleyball and relaxing by the river. Explore the Gold Country by heading to a local winery for a wine or beer tasting before the tour turns back toward the city.
- Experienced rafting guides
- All safety gear included (helmets, life vests, wetsuits/windbreakers if weather requires)
- Riverside barbecue lunch
- Wine and/or beer tasting
- Round-trip transportation in a comfortable biodiesel mini-coach
- Personal, small group tour:—14 passengers maximum
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service from select San Francisco hotels
Approximately 12 hours
Departure time and location:
6 AM–7 AM; from the lobby of select San Francisco hotels
Return time and location:
6 PM–6:30 PM; to select San Francisco hotels
No prior whitewater experience is necessary; however, participants are required to weigh at least 80 pounds and be at least 8 years of age.
During the warmer months, raft-suitable clothing may include swimwear or shorts, soft-soled shoes or sandals (for safety reasons flip-flops are not appropriate protection for your toes), and a hat that will fit under a helmet. During the cooler months, raft-suitable clothing may include a pile sweater and wool hat. Denim pants and cotton socks are not recommended. Donít forget your sunscreen (important in any weather), and a towel for drying off. Please bring waterproof cameras only in the raft.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
Confirm your reservation: After booking online and printing your voucher(s), you must contact Incredible Adventures, Inc. least 72 hours prior to your selected tour date to confirm receipt of your online reservation and finalize details. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. Present your photo ID and printed voucher(s) in exchange for your activity.
Know Before You Go:
What to Wear:
- Please be in the lobby of your hotel at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
What to Bring:
- Suitable hiking attire (no flip-flops, denim pants, or cotton socks)
- Water bottle
- Money for incidentals
- Camera (optional)
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 72 hours before the date of the Activity.|