Relive the early 20th-century heyday of the Bund on this self-guided walking tour. Described as the “International Settlement,” the Bund was once the playground of the affluent, who lived in its luxurious mansions and hotels, worked in its stunning buildings, and rubbed shoulders at the extremely exclusive Shanghai Club. With your personal MP3 player and map as guide, discover some of the 52 buildings showcasing rich Art Deco, Baroque, and Neo-Classical architectural styles. Take in the HSBC Building’s incredible ceiling mosaics, the world-famous Peace Hotel, and much more.
Audio tour highlights:
The Russian Consulate
The Bund Observatory
Shanghai Customs House
The Shanghai Club
- Audio tour (16 separate MP3 files for easy access to points of interest; iPod-compatible)
- Map of tour (in printable PDF format)
Approx. 4 hours
How it works:
- 1) Book this tour.
- 2) Once booking is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a link to the website where the tour files are located.
- 3) Go to the website, then download and save the files to your MP3 or MP3-compatible device (including iPod). Print the map, and you're ready to go.
Departure and return location:
Once a booking is complete, your confirmation email from Tourcaster with a link to the download site should arrive within 48 hours. Tours are recorded in English.
|After you book your activity, follow these 2 easy steps:|
1) Check your inbox, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a link to the website where the tour files are located within 48 hours of booking.2) Go to the website link provided in the confirmation email, then download and save the files to your MP3 or MP3-compatible device (including iPod). Print the map, and you're ready to go.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|