An experienced zoo keeper guides you and the group beginning with a short introduction to Australia's unique wildlife and a photo opportunity with koalas, kangaroos, and wallabies. Designed to encourage interaction between visitors, animals, and the zoo family, the new Aussie outback discovery "Backyard to Bush" allows for a hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience as visitors assist zoo keepers during the course of the tour.|
Listen in throughout the tour as your guide explains the curious adaptations of Australia’s fauna, which enable these special animals to live harmoniously with the continent’s environment. You’ll enter the wilds of the Australian Bush as the group explores the underground world of the endangered Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat and the other mysterious creatures that share its habitat.
An opportunity not to be missed, this trek through the zoo is perfect almost anyone of any age, and after the adventure, spend the rest of the day exploring the zoo on your own.
- Small, personalized 2-hour tour with expert guides and keepers
- Opportunity to feed and take photos with koalas, kangaroos, and wallabies
- Visit a real working animal kitchen where food for zoo animals is prepared
- Behind-the-scenes opportunity in the nocturnal house
- Roundtrip ride on the Sky Safari cable car
- All-day zoo access
- Morning or afternoon tea in the Treetops café
Approx. 2 hours
Departure time and location:
10 AM or 2 PM from the Information Center at the main entrance
This tour is not recommended for children younger than 4.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it iscritical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Reservations are required. Since groups are kept to a maximum of eight, you will not be guaranteed a place on this tour without contacting the Taronga Zoo at least 24 hours in advance of the date you wish to participate. The phone number and customer services hours will appear on your printer voucher(s). Please present your voucher(s) at the admission gate on the day you are scheduled to take the tour.