Protected from the open ocean, the Gulf Islands are a sea-kayaking
paradise. Marine life here is among the most diverse in the world’s
temperate waters. Rocky reefs, lush kelp beds, and protected bays are
home to a myriad of marine invertebrates, fish, and sea mammals.
Seals, river otters, and sea lions are often
observed. Sightings of whales, harbour
seals, and Dall’s porpoise are rare although
they too inhabit these waters.|
gulls and cormorants are scattered
throughout the area, which also
contains several breeding sites for
bald eagles, oystercatchers, and
Discover this rich eco system on a sea kayaking adventure
along the shores and remote beaches.
- Ferry ride to the Gulf Islands
- 3-hour guided and interpreted sea-kayaking adventure
- Use of all necessary kayak equipment
- 3-course, gourmet beach picnic
- Floatplane ride to Vancouver
- Professional naturalist and tour guide
- Rain gear when needed
- Roundtrip transportation, including hotel pick-up and drop-off service anywhere in Vancouver
- 12% sales tax
Menu subject to change; substitutions available on request
- Fresh salsa and chips
- Grilled fillet
- Mediterranean salad
- Potato salad
- Berries and cream
12 hours, including transportation time
Daily, April 15–October 15
Departure time and location:
7:30 AM, from most major Vancouver hotels; exact pick-up time will be confirmed the day before the trip
Return time and location:
Hotel drop-off at approx. 7:30 PM
Reservation confirmation is required. There must be at least 2 participants for this tour to operate. Children age 5 and younger are not allowed on this tour. Rain protection is provided if needed. Be sure to dress for the weather of the day and bring sunblock when necessary. Please also bring drinking water, sandals, swim clothes, and a dry change of clothes including warm sweater or fleece jacket, in case the weather changes.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it iscritical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Reservation confirmation is required. Please call Vancouver Nature Adventures at least 3 days prior to your arrival to confirm your tour date and pick-up location; the customer service phone number appears on your printed voucher(s). Pick up is available from all Vancouver hotels and must be arranged ahead of time. Upon pick-up at your hotel present your voucher(s) to the driver in exchange for a boarding pass.