Standing atop Colle Oppio, gaze down at the Roman Colosseum, modern Rome’s most recognizable attraction. Your tour begins as you head down to enter the Colosseum, bypassing the lines with your small-group tour. Your guide describes the bloody history of the amphitheatre and its importance as one of ancient Rome’s vital social centers.|
Head off toward Palatine Hill, taking a break under the Arch of Constantine, a 68-foot (21 m) high triumphal arch, which were built to celebrate victory in wartime. From Palatine Hill, the most famous of the Seven Hills of Rome, you can admire panoramic views of the Roman Forum and Nero’s Circus Maximus.
March along the Via Sacra, Latin for “Sacred Road,” and the main street through the ancient Rome and the traditional route of Roman Triumph, through the Roman Forum. End the tour at the temple housing the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated.
- Guided tour of ancient Roman sites
- Admissions fees
- Accelerated entrance to sites
- Headsets for listening to the guide
- Commentary available in English, French, German, or Spanish
Approximately 3 hours
Departure time and location:
All tours depart from the upper level of the Metro B (Blue Line) stop "Colosseo"
- English tour: 10 AM, or 3 PM (MarchOctober only)
- French tour: 9 AM
- German tour: 9 AM
- Spanish tour: 9:30 AM
Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to departure time.
Return time and location:
All tours end at the Roman Forum
- English tour: 1 PM, or 6 PM (MarchOctober only)
- French tour: Noon
- German tour: Noon
- Spanish tour: 12:30 PM
Know Before You Book:
- Children aged 3 and under can participate at no additional cost
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs, mobility impairments, or strollers.
|How to Redeem Your Voucher:|
On the day of your scheduled tour, please bring your printed voucher(s) and photo ID to the redemption location. The full address appears on your printed voucher(s).
Please note: you can only join the tour at the departure time you have booked.
Know Before You Go:
- Please arrive at the departure location at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Late arrivals are not accepted.
- The City Wonders representative will be wearing a City Wonders branded jacket.
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments.
The meeting point is located above the second floor of the Metro B Station "Colosseo." If you choose to arrive by metro, take Metro B (blue line) to the Colosseo stop. Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right to the escalator/stairs within the metro station. Upstairs, above the metro, there is an exit, above which is a small square. This square is where you meet your tour guide. It is on a hill overlooking the Colosseum.
|Terms and conditions|
|No refunds will be given for those who arrive after the departure time.|
Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 72 hours before the date of the Activity.