This day trip to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius includes lunch. Hike to the top of the crater for a fantastic view of the Bay of Naples below. Infamous for the destruction of Pompeii and Herculaneum in 79 AD, Vesuvius has erupted many times since—and is today regarded as one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world.|
See for yourself how lava flows have scarred the sides of the volcano, and are visible on the winding road up to the top. Lunch follows the hike and includes slices of the world-famous pizza Naples is known for. The afternoon is yours to discover the now-ruined city of Pompeii. Walk Pompeii's main streets just as the ancient Romans didthe stones are still worn with tracks from the drawn carriages that tread them nearly 2,000 years ago.
When a trip to Mount Vesuvius is not possible, enjoy a visit of the Archaeological Museum of Naples. Discover an impressive collection of original artifacts, mosaics, statues, and artwork removed during the excavations of Pompeii.
- Admission Fees and Guided all-day tour from Rome to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius (April-November)
- Entrance fee to the Archaeological Museum of Naples(November-March)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Commentary in English
Approximately 13 hours
Departure time and location:
7:30 AM; from Piazza del Popolo, Rome
Return time and location:
8:30 PM; to Piazza del Popolo
Know Before You Book:
- Children 1 and younger can participate at no additional cost.
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs, mobility impairments, or strollers.
|How to Redeem Your Voucher:|
On the morning of your scheduled tour, please bring your voucher(s) to the Piazza del Popolo. Your guide will be waiting to greet you in the center of the square.
Know Before You Go:
- Check-in commences 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, and late arrivals will not be accepted.
- The hike to the top of Mount Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is uphill and 20 minutes long (about 1 mile or 1.6 km).
- If the crater of Vesuvius is closed due to inclement weather, an extended tour inside Pompeii will be offered.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
The nearest metro stop to Piazza del Popolo is Flaminio on Line A.
Hours of Operation:
7:30 AM–8:30 PM
What to Wear:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Seasonally-appropriate outerwear
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 72 hours before the date of the Activity.|