Staying in Rome but without enough time to spend a night in Florence? See all the highlights in 1 day without the hassle of working out train schedules and finding a hotel.|
As part of your small tour group, start with a gorgeous view over the Arno River, then head to Piazzale degli Uffizithe "perfect Florentine street"and the iconic Ponte Vecchio bridge. Gaze through the medieval windows of jewelers and soak up Florence’s historic atmosphere.
- Arno River
- Ponte Vecchio
- Baptistery of the Duomo (from outside) and its famous doors
- Inside tour of the Duomo (except Sundays)
- Accademia Gallery
- Michelangelo's David
- Small group (up to 25 people)
Next, move on to modern Florence, beginning at Mercato Nuovo ("New Market") where Florence’s famous leather goods are sold, and then visit Piazza della Repubblica, the beating heart of Florence. Once the city’s ghetto, this vast square has since become a meeting place for artists and writers. See Orsanmichele, the grain market that became a church, before heading to Florence’s showstopper: the Duomo. View the famous doors of the Duomo's nearby Baptistery, then skip the line (all days except Sundays) to enter the Duomo for a rare tour of the beautiful Basilica and its crowning glory, Brunelleschi’s famous cupola.
Following your visit to the Duomo, take a lunch break at The Clubhouse restaurant. Enjoy antipasti of crostini misti, a bread and mixed topping combo, before choosing a main course of roast chicken, lasagna, ribollita (Tuscan stew), or a choice of rice or ravioli with various sauces. Filtered or sparkling water is included with lunch.
After lunch, on the way to the Accademia Gallery, visit the weathered replica of Michelangelo's David, located where the original once stood, and hear your guide tell the story of this famous masterpiece in preparation for your self-guided visit to the Accademia Gallery. Then bypass the gallery's typical long lines to witness Michelangelo’s unfinished The Slaves before entering a light-filled dome to see David in all his marble glory. Admire the craftsmanship and vision of this iconic sculpture at your own pace, without the rush of a tour group around you.
Finish your tour with a last look at the beautiful views of Florence from the Piazzale Michelangelo before bidding farewell to this breaktaking city.
- Guided full-day Florence tour
- Admission fees
- Skip the Line admission to the Duomo
- Skip the Line admission to Accademia Gallery
- Lunch and beverages at The Clubhouse
- Roundtrip transportation from the Piazza del Popolo via air-conditioned coach
- Tour offered in English
Approximately 13 hours 30 minutes
Departure time and location:
7:15 AM; from the center of the Piazza del Popolo
Please arrive at the departure location 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour departure time.
Return time and location:
8:45 PM; to the Piazza del Popolo
Important booking tip:
- Children 3 and younger can participate at no additional cost, although a reservation is required for all members of your party. Please use the Infant ticket type to book any children in your party 3 or younger.
- On Sundays, entrance into the Duomo is not possible; it will be viewed from the outside, with commentary from your guide.
|How to Redeem Your Voucher:|
Please contact Dark Rome Ltd. at least 72 hours prior to your tour date to confirm the tour departure location and time and to advise of any food allergies or intolerances. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. Please present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for your tour.
Know Before You Go:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
Meeting point is at the Piazza del Popolo by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).
What to Wear:
- Comfortable shoes, as this tour includes a fair amount of walking
- Shoulders and knees must be covered
- No low-cut or sleeveless tops
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 72 hours before the date of the Activity.|