"Great hotel! Great location in the center of Seoul"
We loved the GS Hotel! We were picking up our son after he served a 2 year LDS mission in the Korea Seoul Mission. The hotel was right in the center of Seoul and close to many things we wanted to see. It's also close to the subway system. We originally booked a few night in the GS Hotel, but ended up staying there nearly the whole week. It was well worth the extra few dollars to get the breakfast. The room was clean. The hotel staff was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Seoul area.
Traveller from Draper, Utah
This hotel is located in Seoul (Jongno), close to Jongmyo Shrine, Dongdaemun Market, and Gyeongbok Palace. Also nearby are …More
So Hyosundang has actually three houses and I had lived in two of them.
It actually depends on your luck which you are assigned.
Overall, The PROS:
1. the staffs (the owner and the ajuma who's cleaning up and making breakfasts), are so nice. (But could be mad if you forgot to change the sleepers in the shared bathroom).
2. The guesthouses are VERY near to Anguk station, but inside alleys, which could be a bit hard to find.
3. Super nice neighbourhood. People near the guesthouse is willing to show me the road and are all so kind~ Restaurants near Anguk station are nice too! (Much better then restaurants you can find in Myeongdong) So local!
4. SUPER NICE BREAKFAST
So, the two houses have different situations.
First house (where the owner lived there too) :
1. Super small garden yard
2. not hygienic, full of flies during summer time.
Second house (we moved to a second house the other day)
1. Much bigger and nice garden yard
2. More hygienic (but still a few flies)
3. Much better than the first house.
Overall, the breakfast is really good, and it's a very nice experience living in a hanok.
Inside the room there's air-conditioning. Be ready for shared bathrooms (some rooms have it's own private bathroom).
Recommended for people who love to try~
Traveller from Hong Kong
This guesthouse is located in Seoul (Jongno), close to Bukchon Hanok Village, Gyeongbok Palace, and Jogyesa Temple. Also …More
I had a fantastic stay at Doo Guesthouse. It's tucked away just off a main street in the beautiful Bukchon and not far from Anguk metro station, about 5-10 minute walk. Staff were very helpful and made me feel really welcome. For the more traditional Korean experience, I would definitely recommend them.
Traveller from London, UK
This hostel is located in Seoul (Jongno), close to Bukchon Hanok Village, Gyeongbok Palace, and Changdeokgung Palace. Also …More
Check-in was smooth. The room was nice enough, though a bit small, as you can see. I went out to Itaewon and came back around 3 a.m. or so, but there was no problem getting back to my room, as the staff provided a business card with directions for the taxi driver.
Traveller from Daegu
This hotel is located in Seoul (Jongno), close to Dongdaemun Market, Changgyeonggung Palace, and Changdeokgung Palace. Also …More