Visiting Agios Vasileios
Visitors can enjoy all that Agios Vasileios has to offer including the beaches and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and rural setting. A top sight in the area is Fortezza Castle.
- There are 137 hotels and other accommodations in Agios Vasileios
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 45.1 mi (72.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Agios Vasileios
The city's natural beauty is on display at Plakias Beach, Kourtaliotiko Gorge, and Preveli Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monastery of Preveli and Spili Monastery.
In Agios Vasileios, you'll find 137 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Minos - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a snack bar/deli. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Rozmari - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Stefanos Village - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
A popular place to see outside the city is Fortezza Castle, 13.3 mi/21.3 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Agios Vasileios
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Agios Vasileios each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 47°F