Visiting Agra District
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Agra District, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens. This tucked away city also attracts tourists with its monuments and local tours. A top sight in the city is Taj Mahal.
- There are 191 hotels and other accommodations in Agra District
- The closest major airport is in Agra (AGR-Kheria), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Agra District
The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Taj Mahal, Jama Masjid, and Mankameshwar Temple. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. John's College and Kinari Bazar.
In Agra District, you'll find 191 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Agra - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Taj Ganj can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi.
- Trident, Agra - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Getting Around Agra District
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Agra Fort Station or Agra Cantonment Station. Agra District might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Agra District
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 105°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 99°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 94°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Agra District gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and June are the hottest months with an average of 102°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F