Families will find kid-friendly activities in Alamogordo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its monuments, museums, and shopping. A top sight in the city is White Sands National Monument.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Alamogordo
- The closest major airport is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 46.1 mi (74.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alamogordo
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include New Mexico Museum of Space History, Toy Train Depot, and International Space Hall of Fame. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Three Rivers Petroglyph Site and Sacramento Mountains Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as White Sands National Monument and Trestle Recreation Area.
In Alamogordo, you'll find 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tavares Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Crofting Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Alamogordo - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alamogordo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Alamogordo gets about 11.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 32°F