Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Alpine, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the parks, university setting, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums, and sporting events.
- You'll find 91 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Stockton
- The closest major airport is in Marfa, TX (MRF), 41.1 mi (66.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alpine
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and such places to visit as Shipman Park and Kokernot Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Sul Ross State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kiowa Gallery and Kokernot Field.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Alpine. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Alpine - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Holland Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Alpine
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Alpine Station. Alpine might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Alpine
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- About 16.57 inches of rain falls on Alpine each year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F