Visiting Alto de Sao Joao
Visitors can enjoy all that Alto de Sao Joao has to offer including the churches, architecture, and art. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Around the area, top sights include Castle of Sao Jorge, Lisbon Cathedral, and Rossio Square.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Alto de Sao Joao
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alto de Sao Joao
A couple of favorite places to visit are National Museum of Azulejos and Lisbon and Tagus Valley. In the area, you'll also find Castle of Sao Jorge and Lisbon Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Alto de Sao Joao. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Sunny House on Tejo River is located in central Alto de Sao Joao. Located in Alto de Sao Joao, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen and a fireplace.
- Lisboa Charming is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Lisbon can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Rossio Square, 1.4 mi/2.3 km from the city center, and Santa Justa Elevator, which is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) away.
Dressing for Alto de Sao Joao
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- About 27.52 inches of rain falls on Alto de Sao Joao each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 46°F