Visitors can enjoy all that Amityville has to offer including the live music, restaurants, and theme park. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its basketball games. Top sights around the area include Sky Zone, Long Beach, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amityville
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sky Zone, Long Beach, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Additionally, you'll find Belmont Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Amityville, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Close To Long Island Beaches and Train to NYC is located 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the heart of Amityville. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Jamaica can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area is 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from central Amityville. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Lawrence can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to public transit.
- Five Towns Inn - JFK Airport is 17.4 mi (28.1 km) from the center of Amityville. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in East Garden City can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Getting Around Amityville
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Amityville Station. Amityville might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Amityville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Amityville is 43.74 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F