Get an overview of this hotelAmsterdam historic hotel near Nieuwe Kerk
Popular property highlights
By Magna Plaza
Centrally located in Amsterdam's shopping and business district behind the Dam Square and Royal Palace, next to the Magna Plaza shopping mall.
Opened in 1870, Die Port van Cleve Hotel is set in the former Heineken brewery, and has a stylish brasserie serving a continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a historic bar.
The 6-story hotel has 122 rooms with small sitting areas, complimentary wireless Internet access, and laptop-sized in-room safes. Select rooms have special views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Die Port van Cleve Hotel
Renovations & Closures
- Front desk
Die Port van Cleve Hotel has a restaurant, a bar, and free WiFi. Guest services include concierge desk, 24-hour reception, and dry cleaning.
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1870
- Total number of rooms - 122
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Wedding services
- Smoke-free property
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Bodega De Blauwe Parade - This historic Dutch bar open since 1870 has wooden booths, stained glass windows, and genuine Delft tiles along the walls. The bar features Dutch liqueur tasting and storytelling of the bar's history.
Hulscher's - This French cuisine steakhouse has a rich history and specializes in meat and fish dishes. All dishes are prepared with homemade ingredients. Guests can enjoy lunch, dinner, and brasserie-style dishes with a modern twist.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests can explore Amsterdam by foot, tram, bus, taxi, or canal boat. Bicycle rentals are available throughout the city for riding the bike-path (fietpads) network that crisscrosses the country. Vondelpark, two blocks from Leidse Square and Museum Square, is popular for jogging, walking, cycling, and roller skating.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 50.0 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 20.0 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
- Deposit: EUR 60 per night
- A 5.66 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 20.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50.0 per day
- Die Port Cleve Hotel
- Die Port van
- Die Port van Cleve
- Die Port van Cleve Amsterdam
- Die Port van Cleve Hotel
- Die Port van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die van Cleve
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve
- Hotel Port van Cleve
- Port van Cleve
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property does not have a Netherlands Tourist Board rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.
Get an extra 10% off or more!
See if this hotel is eligible for member pricing
You agree to receive deals and offers from Expedia, and may unsubscribe at any time.
Already a member? Sign in
Need Help Booking?
Speak live with an Expedia Travel Expert