Book your room at NH Amsterdam Doelen
Get an overview of this hotelThe celebrated NH Doleen, Amsterdam's oldest hotel in the city's historic center
Where history comes alive
Hotel NH Doelen, Amsterdam's first hotel, is located between Dam Square and Rembrandt Square in the heart of the historical centre. Several museums, the famous shopping streets, and cultural areas are nearby.
NH Doelen occupies a 17th-century landmark building, where Rembrandt is said to have painted his magnificent Night Watch. Breakfast (surcharge) is served in a sunny room overlooking the river.
TVs, Free Wi-Fi, pillow menu
The 81 guestrooms offer televisions, coffee/tea makers, and a choice of pillows. Wireless Internet access is available for a fee. Bathrooms come with hair dryers and makeup/shaving mirrors.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
NH Doelen is on the Amstel River about a 5-minute walk from Rembrandt Square, a 20-minute walk from the Rijksmuseum, and a 25-minute walk from the Anne Frank House. The hotel is centrally located in Amsterdam, with public transportation options nearby.
A domed clock crowns the impressive red brick and stone hotel. The six-story atrium lobby is ringed by galleries. Over the years, the hotel has hosted such illustrious guests as Queen Victoria, the Beatles, and Elisabeth of Bavaria (Empress Sisi). Rembrandt purportedly painted his famous Night Watch on the hotel's third floor. The property was built in 1883.
The hotel’s breakfast room, with large windows overlooking the Amstel River, serves a daily buffet breakfast (surcharge). Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. Boat tours (surcharge) depart from NH Doelen's private landing. The hotel also offers bicycle rentals, an airport shuttle (surcharge), cafe, gift shop, ATM, 861 square feet of meeting space, and supervised child care activities.
NH Doelen welcomes pets.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 861
- Conference space size (meters) - 80
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Wedding services
- Year Built 1883
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Satellite TV service
- Shower/tub combination
Where to Eat
Breakfast is available for a surcharge. The hotel also offers room service during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time ends at Midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 11 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
No rollaway/extra beds available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- A 5 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 16 per person (one way)
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).