Get an overview of this hotelThe celebrated NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen, Amsterdam's oldest hotel in the city's historic center
Popular property highlights
Where history comes alive
Amsterdam's first hotel, the NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen is located between Dam Square and Rembrandt Square in the heart of the historical center. Several museums, the famous shopping streets, and cultural areas are nearby.
This 5-star Amsterdam hotel occupies a 17th-century landmark building, where Rembrandt is said to have painted his magnificent Night Watch. A hearty breakfast is served every morning in the hotel's sunny dining room, overlooking the Amstel River.
Flat-screen TVs and free WiFi
The 81 guestrooms offer flat-screen satellite TVs and guests can check their email using the free WiFi. Desks, safes, and phones are available too.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen is on the Amstel River about a 5-minute walk from Rembrandt Square, a 20-minute walk from the Rijksmuseum, and a 25-minute walk from the Anne Frank House. The hotel is centrally located in Amsterdam, with public transportation options nearby.
A domed clock crowns the impressive red brick and stone hotel. The six-story atrium lobby is ringed by galleries. Over the years, the hotel has hosted such illustrious guests as Queen Victoria, the Beatles, and Elisabeth of Bavaria (Empress Sisi). Rembrandt purportedly painted his famous Night Watch on the hotel's third floor. The property was built in 1883.
The hotel’s sunny dining room with large windows overlooking the Amstel River serves a daily buffet breakfast, and the 24-hour room service take care of drinks and snacks. Boat tours depart from NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen's private landing. The hotel also offers free WiFi in public areas and guestrooms.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 81
- Number of floors - 5
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1883
- Shopping on site
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM. The breakfast buffet includes a wide variety of fresh fruit juices, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, and breads.
Room service is available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
No cribs (infant beds) available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- A 4.7149 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 16 per person (one way)
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- NH Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen Hotel
- Collection Doelen Hotel
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- Collection Doelen
- Nh Doelen Hotel Amsterdam
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
This property does not have a Netherlands Tourist Board rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.