Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Canal House on the Keizersgracht
Located in 2 nearby buildings in the center of Amsterdam, on the Keizersgracht Canal, this family-run boutique hotel is in close proximity to the Jordaan district and the Anne Frank House. Dam Square and the Royal Palace are both about a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Established in a 17th-century Amsterdam Canal House, The Toren features a fireplace in the lobby. Property amenities include meeting space, concierge services, and roundtrip airport tranportation.
Each of the 38 historic guestrooms has a chic, theatrical atmosphere accented by red and black décor. Rooms are equipped with LCD televisions, complimentary wireless Internet access, minibars, and espresso makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Built as a canal house in 1618, The Toren was bought and converted into a hotel in 1968, opening its doors in 1969. Today, the property retains classic architecture and furnishings, including a fireplace in the lobby, while offering modern amenities.
The hotel has a meeting/conference room and business services, including free Internet access and audiovisual equipment. There is a bar/lounge on site, and room service is available from the neighboring Restaurant Christophe. Air conditioning is in all public areas. The hotel also offers concierge services, tours/ticket assistance, and currency exchange. Multilingual staff run the 24-hour front desk, and coffee is available in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available during scheduled times.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 38
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 30
- Year Built 1618
- Conference space size (feet) - 323
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Soundproofed rooms
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
- Espresso maker
Nearby Things to Do
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 5 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 10 per night (maximum EUR 100 per stay), plus a one-time cleaning fee of EUR 10
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
The credit card used at the time of booking must be presented at check-in. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Deposit: EUR 50 per stay
- A 4.7149 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 14 for adults and EUR 7 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 18 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 14 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 10 years old)
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per night (maximum EUR 100 per stay) plus EUR 10 one-time cleaning fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Toren Amsterdam
- Toren Hotel
- Toren Hotel Amsterdam
- The Toren - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
We should mention
Accommodations are situated at multiple addresses. This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.