Get an overview of this hotelAnchorage lodge-style hotel on floatplane lake
Popular property highlights
Airport: 5 minutes
This hotel, on the shore of scenic Lake Spenard, a major floatplane base, is 1 mile from the airport and 4 miles from downtown Anchorage. Complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service is available.
Bears in the lobby
The Lakefront Anchorage lobby displays an astounding array of trophy game, including polar and Kodiak bears. Outside, a dining patio offers up-close views of floatplanes taking off for wilderness adventures.
Modern guestrooms at the Lakefront Anchorage have complimentary high-speed Internet access, refrigerators, coffeemakers, flat-screen TVs with cable and premium channels, and an in-room safe.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Lakefront Anchorage
With its lakefront location and lodge-style lobby, the Lakefront Anchorage provides an outdoorsy ambiance just 4.5 miles from downtown Anchorage. A 24-hour complimentary shuttle is available to and from Ted Stevens International Airport, about 1 mile away.
Other amenities include a lake-view restaurant and lounge, fitness equipment, banquet facilities, and complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas. The business center has two computers with high-speed Internet access. The hotel is the official media and logistics center for the Iditarod dog-sled race. Pets are allowed only in specific rooms (deposit).
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free airport transportation
- Meeting rooms 7
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 248
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Number of floors - 4
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 5000
- Conference space size (meters) - 465
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
Where to Eat
The Flying Machine - Two-level restaurant with view of floatplanes and lake from most tables. Serving breakfast and dinner, this restaurant is inspired by Alaska's rich aviation history. Menu includes seafood, steaks, and a variety of other options along with cocktails.
The Fancy Moose Lounge - Serving fresh seafood, steaks, burgers, sandwiches, salads, soups, and finger foods the Fancy Moose Lounge has been a local's favorite since 1972. During the summer months, guests can unwind with a drink at the outdoor patio, enjoying the Alaskan sunset view.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel features fitness facilities including cardio and resistance machines and a TV. A four-mile access road circling the lake is popular for jogging; vehicle traffic is usually minimal. The Dimond Center mall, four miles from the hotel, has an indoor ice-skating rink and a bowling alley.
A wide array of outdoor adventures are available. Floatplane excursions include the Chugach Mountains Wildlife Tour, glacier tours, a visit to volcanic Mount Spur with a lake landing, bear- and bird-watching tours, and wilderness fishing trips.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 30.00 per pet, per day, plus a deposit of USD 30.00 per day
- 1 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Pet deposit: USD 30.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD 30.00 per pet, per day
- Millennium Alaskan Anchorage
- Millennium Alaskan Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Millennium Alaskan Hotel
- Lakefront Anchorage Millennium Hotel
- Lakefront Millennium Hotel
- Lakefront Anchorage Millennium
- Lakefront Millennium
- Lakefront Anchorage Hotel
- Lakefront Hotel
- Lakefront Anchorage
- The Lakefront Anchorage A Millennium Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.