Posted Apr 14, 2016 on Hotels
This hotel was awful...
1. They had a pool, but no towels were available. Always told to come back later or that they would send some to the room - but no towels ever arrived.
2. Cleaner left our door wide open. She was cleaning room next door. Didn't even notice that I came back to the room to find our camera equipment at risk.
3. Front desk clerk was totally unhelpful for booking tours.
4. First room assigned had a gaping crack at base of door - lots of insects in Costa Rica and while I came to see the wildlife, I didn't want to sleep with it.
5. Wifi only in restaurant
6. Bathroom in terrible shape, ac unit was dripping all night, not worth the price - but it was all that was available at the peak Easter week we traveled.
After tracking down manager to complain, he offered us tour at a "low price" or free - but it was one we had already done. There was one tour we did ask for help organizing, he got someone to assist - but no discount was offered. He was open to hearing our issues - it seemed to be a training issue and shortage of staff. We did get a meal in the hotel, which was a nice gesture, but not sufficient for the poor quality of the hotel and service.