Very nice...a couple of requests to management
Posted Jul 18, 2016
First off, we really loved the property and would definitely recommend it. The grounds are immaculately kept and the bungalows are really nice. You have a sense of privacy that you don't get in a traditional hotel. Each unit has a nice back patio that is protected from the rain and sun. The views of the volcano are great. My family really enjoyed the jungle train up the mountain. Breakfast was very good.
We had a few things we thought could be improved:
- Allow guests to open windows and install screens. Was told windows locked for security, but allow guests to secure from inside and enjoy the fresh air.
- The cleaning staff uses something with a strong fragrance. It was a bit too much for us.
- The hot tub should be a bit warmer to be a "hot" tub. Pool is already very cool, so make the hot tub hot.
- The front desk staff seemed a bit hesitant to be helpful at times. For instance, I asked to make change for a 10mil. bill and it was not until I said it was for the wait staff that he agreed. I was not clear if this was a personality issue or an empowerment issue.
- Our room did not have a room guide. It would have been nice to look up the restaurant hours, pool hours, know how to use the telephone, order room service, etc.