Visitors to Ashdod are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and musical theater. Jaffa Port, Hatachana Compound, and Carmel Market are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Ashdod
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashdod
The city's cultural venues include Corinne Mamane Museum of Philistine Culture and Ashdod MonArt Arts Centre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Ashdod Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yud-Alef Stadium and Eye of the Sun.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Ashdod. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- West All Suite Boutique Ashdod - Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Leonardo Plaza Ashdod - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit outside the city include Jaffa Port, 17.8 mi/28.6 km from the heart of the city, and Hatachana Compound, which is 18.3 mi (29.5 km) away.
Dressing for Ashdod
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Ashdod gets about 20.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 50°F