Waste of money
Posted Aug 2, 2016
I have stayed at other Red Roof hotels, and I have been satisfied. This particular branch does not accurately represent the Red Roof brand; it is independently managed. We got to the airport at midnight and decided to stay the night to avoid driving two more hours to get home. Unfortunately, the conditions of the hotel and room were deplorable to the point that we checked in and left 15 minutes later, and instead, ended up driving home at 2 am. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The place stinks of smoke, and not just the legal kind.
- There is trash bags outside of the rooms.
- The room did not seem to have been cleaned. There were short, coarse hairs on the sheet.
- There were some interesting characters in the reception area.
- The do have parking but not enough spots to satisfy demand, so street parking is the only option. We did not feel safe leaving our car on the street given the activity in the neighbourhood.
Overall, not worth the money. We had booked through expedia, and therefore, the rate was not refundable.
I would go with motel 6, instead. This is how bad it was.