Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Atlanta hotel within walking distance to major attractions and commercial district
Popular property highlights
Close to convention center
Something's always new in Downtown Atlanta. Make get-a-way plans and discover the Centennial Park District right outside the doors. Enjoy all the attractions within the District that include the Georgia Aquarium with its new Sea Lion exhibit; the World of Coca-Cola museum; the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, CNN Center, and of course Centennial Olympic Park. Take a ride on Skyview Atlanta, a 20-story Ferris wheel with temperature controlled gondolas or visit Atlanta’s newest attraction, The College Football Hall of Fame. A shrine to the greatest to ever play or coach the game sits just across the park. All in one neighborhood, 25 restaurants and more than 20 attractions, the Centennial Park District.
Business center, outdoor pool
Unlike any other hotel in Downtown Atlanta.The American Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton is more than outstanding location and service. We’re an engaging look into the hotel’s storied past and an immersion into mid-century modern style that celebrates striking architectural details, pop art and furnishings with clean lines. Greeted at almost every turn with encounters that enrich your visit. Images of music and movie stars of the day, captivating artwork, and a wall of historical photos that pay homage to the hotels significance as downtown Atlanta’s first hotel welcoming guests of all races, when opened in 1962.
Newly transformed spacious guest rooms are furnished with either King or Double beds, offer a generous work desk, 49” LED TV, and 1960’s era replica mini-fridge. Every room is well-appointed and includes wired and wireless Internet via our new 250 meg circuit, making your connectivity experience lightning fast. In addition, one of the 52 balcony rooms can be reserved while sensational views showcase Centennial Olympic Park, the Tabernacle, SkyView Atlanta and the sparkling downtown skyline.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton
The American Hotel – a DoubleTree by Hilton - Atlanta Downtown, now a unique blend of the hotels rich history and the DoubleTree trusted brand. ‘The American’ Hotel recently debuted, following a multi-million dollar renovation and this new lifestyle hotel has been re-imagined in the styling origins of its 1960’s heritage. This property is only steps away from downtown Atlanta's lively ‘Centennial Park District’. Situated next to the renowned Tabernacle and directly across the street from the AmericasMart, The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown is just a short walk across Centennial Olympic Park to the Georgia World Congress Center and just one block off the bustling ‘Peachtree Street’ business district. With the property's recent renovations, plush new carpet, cozy furnishings, captivating artwork, illuminating retro lighting, and rich window treatments are just some of the improvements.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 13
- Year Built 1962
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Pool sun loungers
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1858
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 20000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Pool umbrellas
- Total number of rooms - 315
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Premium bedding
- Iron/ironing board
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Bathtub or shower
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- MP3 docking station
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room safe
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room climate control (heating)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Cloakroom Kitchen & Bar - Offers craft cocktails and elevated bar bites.
Room service is available for lunch and dinner until 11 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per day
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 15.00 for adults and USD 12.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 38.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: USD 75.00
- Late check-out fee: USD 129.00
- Atlanta Downtown DoubleTree
- DoubleTree Atlanta Downtown
- DoubleTree Hilton Atlanta Downtown
- DoubleTree Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
- DoubleTree Hotel Atlanta Downtown
- Hilton DoubleTree Atlanta Downtown
- American Hotel Atlanta Downtown DoubleTree Hilton
- American Atlanta Downtown DoubleTree Hilton
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.