Cigarette smoke caused headache, burning eyes.
Posted May 10, 2015
What would have otherwise been an excellent rating (for the price of the hotel) was wrecked by a room tainted with cigarette smoke.
On entering the room, the smell of smoke was obvious. I tried to get rid of the smell by opening the windows for several hours, but the smoke has infused itself in the furnishings and bedding, so could not. On return home, when I took my nightclothes out of the suitcase for a wash, they wreaked of cigarette smoke, an indication of how the bedding itself is stained with the smell.
The evening I spent in the room, I tried to work, but the smoke caused a headache, and made my eyes burn.
The hotel keeps ash-trays for smokers outside each room. The smell from these then gets sucked into the rooms. Such a simple solution for the hotel management. Get rid of, or move the ashtrays! An otherwise excellent hotel, wrecked by the stench of cigarette smoke.
Comment from Hotel Management
May 20, 2015 by OakTRee, Hotel Management
We are very sorry and smoking inside the room is not allowed to but some people keep smoking inside and we did not notice that
Again Sorry for that and we will keep eye on so make sure no one smoke at the room and if so, we will clean the room properly and make sure no smell remained.