Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel5-star hotel in the heart of vibrant Auckland, close to shops and nightlife
Popular property highlights
In the heart of Auckland, near Queen Street
Located in vibrant downtown Auckland, this 5-star hotel is a 5-minute stroll from the shops and cafes of the city's iconic Queen Street. Sky Tower and University of Auckland are also within 15 minutes.
Indoor pool, sauna, and fine dining
This luxurious downtown hideaway offers 2 restaurants, including Knights On Albert which offers delicious contemporary New Zealand cuisine. There's also a heated pool, as well as a sauna and a spa tub. The property was recently renovated to a high standard by an award-winning interior design team.
The 286 recently renovated rooms boast 40-inch LED televisions with the latest IP-based interactive technology. All rooms feature sleek bespoke furniture, as well as environmentally conscious smart-sensor lighting. Guests can enjoy a great night's sleep on plush king beds with crisp linens.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Stamford Plaza Auckland
Elegant and sophisticated, the 5-star Stamford Plaza Auckland was renovated in 2015 and provides an indoor pool, as well as spa tub, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center. Guests can dine at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or relax with a cocktail in the chic lounge. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access.
For business travelers, there's a business center as well as 4 well-equipped meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 10506 square feet (976 square meters) include conference space.
Stamford Plaza Auckland is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 976
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 10506
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 286
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 11
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Knights On Albert - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Kabuki Teppanyaki - This restaurant specializes in Japanese cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open select days.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a 24-hour fitness center.
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for NZD 65.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: NZD 33 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 45.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 65.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Stamford Hotel Auckland Plaza
- Stamford Plaza Auckland
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
Awards & Affiliations
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 5 stars.