Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelQuiet, convenient hotel in North Central Austin
Popular property highlights
Downtown: 5 miles
Located 1 block from a movie theater, this 9-story hotel is minutes from the University of Texas and downtown Austin and offers quick access to Interstate 35 and Highway 290.
Large, lush patio
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown features an expansive outdoor courtyard with brick patio, free parking, gazebo, wheelchair-accessible year-round pool, and poolside service from the family-style restaurant.
Guestrooms at this Holiday Inn feature private balconies and complimentary wireless Internet access. Beds include triple sheeting, ultra-soft duvets, and pillow menu options.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown is 5 miles (8 kilometers) from downtown Austin via I-35/Highway 290. The University of Texas at Austin and the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum are 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) away. Many entertainment options, such as live music and nightclubs, are all within easy reach of this hotel.
This Holiday Inn provides 10 meeting/conference rooms for a total of 15,000 square feet (1,350 square meters) of space. There are also exhibit, banquet, and ballroom facilities, and the hotel can accommodate event catering needs. It also provides a 24-hour business center with computers, an Internet point, printers, and technical support staff on hand. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the property.
Additional features include complimentary secure parking, an outdoor pool, a grocery/convenience store, and a 24-hour fitness center. The onsite Red Pepper Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The hotel also has a bar where guests can relax with a cocktail. Laundry facilities and services are also available. The hotel has designated smoking areas.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Grocery/convenience store
- Meeting rooms 10
- Year Built 1975
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1350
- Free long-term parking
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 15000
- Snack bar/deli
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 189
- Number of floors - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Red Pepper Bar and Grill - Family-style restaurant serving Texas favorites for breakfast and dinner. Menu features daily specials, appetizers, big Texas hamburgers, the "Austin Wrap," and tender steaks. 3 private dining areas and full bar. Room and poolside service (limited hours).
Lobby Bistro Bar - Stop by for a drink or an appetizer.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's large outdoor pool has a wheelchair-accessible ramp. The nearby fitness room, which overlooks the courtyard, offers cardio equipment, weight machines, and a TV.
Public golf courses less than 10 miles from the hotel include the Hancock Golf Course and Lyons Municipal Golf Course. The hotel can also recommend semi-private golf courses in the area. Golf lessons can be arranged.
The Lady Bird Lake Hike-and-Bike Trail, about 5.5 miles away, comprises 10 miles of primarily crushed-gravel trail flanking a dammed stretch of the Colorado River. Bicycles, canoes, and kayaks can be rented near Lady Bird Lake. Swimming is available at Valente Beach. Boating, rowing, and fishing are all available nearby. Guests will also find aerobics, yoga, a children's playground, and miniature golf nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12.95 and USD 15.99 for adults, USD 0.00 and USD 13.99 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10.0 per night
- Austin Holiday Inn Midtown
- Austin Midtown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
- Holiday Inn Austin Midtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Midtown Austin
- Holiday Inn Midtown Hotel Austin
- Midtown Austin
- Midtown Holiday Inn
- Midtown Holiday Inn Austin
- Holiday Inn Austin Midtown Hotel Austin
We should mention
Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.