Get an overview of this hotelLuxurious Austin hotel in downtown Austin
Popular property highlights
This Beaux Arts-style hotel in downtown Austin is just steps away from the Sixth Street entertainment district. The Texas State Capitol is 3 blocks away and Lady Bird Lake is nearby.
Bar with terrace
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin features a bar with terrace seating, a business center, and a health club with an indoor pool, a spa tub, and fitness equipment.
Guestrooms and suites at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin feature pillowtop mattresses, marble bathrooms, and furniture with hand-tooled leather insets. Docking stations and 50-inch LCD TVs offer entertainment options.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin features a bar with terrace seating. This Austin hotel also has a health club, which includes an indoor pool, a spa tub, and fitness equipment. A business center is on site; wireless high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. 6 meeting rooms offer 6000 sq. ft of meeting space. This smoke-free hotel offers multilingual staff, translation, currency exchange, and secretarial services. Newspapers are complimentary.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 190
- Number of floors - 16
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Meeting rooms 6
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1924
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference space size (feet) - 6000
- Conference space size (meters) - 557
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Indoor pool
- Spa tub
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 9.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95 per stay )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Sofa bed
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- MP3 docking station
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
- Sofa bed size
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Stephen F’s Bar & Terrace - With an extensive martini and wine list, this Texas Chic venue features a hand-tooled leather bar, cowhide bar stools, overstuffed chairs, and a mounted longhorn. Indoor and outdoor terrace dining are available. Located on the 2nd floor.
The Terrace - Offering 2nd floor outdoor seating, live entertainment, and a menu of wine, liquor, appetizers, martinis, and cigars, this extension of Stephen F's Bar overlooks Congress Avenue and 7th Street.
Roaring Fork - Serving lunch and dinner, this American Western Bistro and Saloon (closed for lunch on Saturday and Sunday) is located on the hotel's lobby level.
Nearby Things to Do
The InterContinental Stephen F. Austin features an indoor lap pool and an adjacent spa tub. Cardio and strength equipment comes with individual TVs and CD players in the 24 hour fitness facilities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 115.00 per accommodation, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 115.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Austin InterContinental
- InterContinental Austin
- InterContinental F.
- InterContinental Stephen Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F.
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Hotel
- InterContinental Stephen F. Hotel Austin
- Stephen Austin InterContinental
- Stephen F. Austin InterContinental
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.