Visitors can enjoy all that Austinmer has to offer including the beaches and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Austinmer
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 20 mi (32.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Austinmer
Places to visit in the larger region include Sublime Point Lookout, Wombarra Sculpture Garden, and Bulli Lookout. In the area, you'll also find Sea Cliff Bridge and Bald Hill Lookout.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Austinmer. Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Headlands Austinmer Beach - This 4-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and spacious, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Austinmer
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Coledale Station. Austinmer might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Austinmer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Austinmer gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 47°F