Posted Dec 16, 2016
We chose Amadea because everyone had glowing reviews about it, from the staff to the food at the restaurant and the hotel itself. The reality is very different. there are pros and cons, but the cons totally outweigh the pros.
1. Staff tried hard to please. All of them were friendly and nice. This has a con (will get to this later).
2. Location. It's right in the middle of EAT Street in Seminyak so there are always places to check out and explore.
1. Regarding staff. There was one instance when I had to question if staff were using common sense. So we checked in as a couple. The guy at check in said that he had upgraded us for free to a better room. So we were grateful for that. We got to the room and there were twin beds instead of the king bed we were expecting. Unacceptable. So the porter who brought our bags in said they can join the beds together. To which we said, no, we want a real bed. They got us a new room. A little thinking would have avoided a bad first impression.
2. Wi-Fi was atrocious! We were there three nights and I had wi-fi on my phone for 1 day. It was hard to connect to the Internet, which was a problem for me because I was working and had to send articles. The people at reception said to use the desktops in their computer centre. The point of wi-fi is that you're supposed to be able to use your devices in your room, in comfort.
3. Food was not as great as advertised. I don't know why the other reviewers liked the food.