Did not live up to expectations
Posted Jul 1, 2016
I booked this hotel based off the positive recommendations by others on Expedia. Sad to say, I'm disappointed when I went there. Being the second time there in a few months, my girlfriend and I decided to try a new Villa, and decided to book Tanadewa. Here is my experience:-
1) Luggage was mishandled by the "professional butler" that they advertised on their villa page. One of the wheels of the luggage broke off while he carried it from the reception to our Villa. It took them nearly 4 days for their "engineers" to fix the luggage. They "fixed" it by using glue.
2) The reception was often unoccupied. The previous villa we went to would always have someone there, ready to handle any queries we had. We often found ourselves waiting for someone as we often had to book a taxi to get to where we wanted to go.
3) Shuttle services. They have one bus service going to the Bali Collection, which is an expensive, high-end area of Bali. It'll take you a grand total of one night to visit the entirety of that location.
4) Air-conditioning. Bali, being in the tropical region, is really warm and humid. The air-conditioning in the Villa was horribly warm, and was unable to cool the entire room. I was sweating while I slept.
5) Honesty. Their driver suggested we rent their car at a fee of 200,000 rp when we wanted to go to Seminyak. Do not listen. A taxi is way cheaper. He told us it was about the same price when a taxi costs about 110,000 rp.