Visitors can enjoy all that Balzac has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and casinos. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. Calgary Tower, McMahon Stadium, and Scotiabank Saddledome are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 310 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Calgary
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Balzac
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Cross Iron Mills Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Century Downs Racetrack and Casino to your agenda.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Days Inn by Wyndham Calgary North Balzac - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Calgary Tower, located 13.1 mi (21 km) from the heart of the city, and McMahon Stadium, which is 12.3 mi/19.7 km away.
Dressing for Balzac
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 5°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 6°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Balzac is 0.63 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°F