Great place, some comments
Posted Jul 29, 2016
Info for the location:
- This is in the middle of Soi Arab (soi 5), meaning, the arab neighbourhood. Nothing thai over there. The hotel is basically Dubai. Filled with arabic people when we stayed. Noisy families with very expensive phones with loud arabic music in the hallways, in the bar downstairs, etc. A little annoying.
- The next street is the most famous prostitution spot (soi 7), but you don't get to see much of it even at night. This street is alive at night.
Stuff we didn't like:
- Annoying design flaw for plugs and lights on the beds. If you turn of light, plugs turn off too, so if you were charging your phone next to your bed, it turns off. If you remove your key from the room, plugs turn off there. Room 1503 or 1506.
- Shower temperature regulation is bad. Change between cold and hot is impossible to reach, and is not stable, meaning if you rise from cold to hot, you go to the far end, then it turns extremely hot, you do down... to the far end... to find extreme cold. Llower the maximum temperature limit so that the ramp from cold to hot is soft!.
- Personal lamps for each bed are not available. If you sleep with two more people in the room, it is impossible to read at night or anything, the light is 2m on the wall and bothers everybody. Personal lamps are essential!
- Elevator extremely slow and only for 5 people for a 20 floor hotel. A 20min wait ended on a trip down a not decorated concrete staircase down from 15th floor. It starts looking good on 2nd floor